The Apex Legends mid-season 13 update is coming and will bring a variety of changes to the battle royale. Here are the patch notes for the Apex Legends 13.1 update, including the release date, lifeline town takeover, and more.
Apex Legends is getting a new update mid-season in Saviors: Season 13. Update 13.1 will bring some new content and various changes to the game, including buffs and nerfs to the Legends and Awakening collection events.
For those interested in what to expect from the Apex Legends 13.1 update, here are the full patch notes.
When will Apex Legends 13.1 be updated?
Apex Legends 13.1 patch update coming June 21, 2022, around 10am PST/1pm EST/6pm BST.
Respawn confirmed the date in their recent blog about the Awakening Collection event, which will bring Valkyrie’s heirlooms to the game.
Apex Legends 13.1 Update Patch Notes
The Apex Legends 13.1 update will bring a new town takeover to Lifeline of Olympus called “Lifeline Clinic.” This new POI is “a new place for healing and relaxation. This state-of-the-art new building sits between gardens and growth towers in the northeast corner of Mount Olympus.”
In the center of the main floor of the clinic is the medical area. With it, Legendaries can take advantage of Outland’s most sophisticated auto-healing system. Whenever an injured Legendary stands on the platform, the healing tether activates and attaches to them. If the medical pod is charged, they will receive continuous treatment. Additionally, the Med-bay’s holographic display will indicate if someone is recovering, or if the Med-bay is charging.
Apex Legends 13.1 Balance Changes
As with any major update, the Apex Legends 13.1 patch will bring some buffs and nerfs to Legends and various other balance changes:
- R-301 and Rampage removed from crafting and re-added to floor loot.
- Wingman and CAR SMG added to crafting and removed from floor loot.
Out of bounds
- Weapons and abilities are now only stored in OOB triggers while the player is on the ground (OOB timers still count).
- Optic on Gold version defaults to 3x Ranger.
- Decoys for Valk Skydive Re-Deploy are now available.
- battle resurrection
- Moved revive cancel option from lifelines to players who are reviving.
- Doctor cures drone
- Healing pool increased from 150 to infinite (still lasts 20 seconds).
- The healing radius is doubled.
- care package
- Cooldown reduced from 5 minutes to 3.5 minutes.
- Weapon attachment panels now have one shield battery instead of two.
- There is no blue beam on the initial drop (it will still appear after the care package lands).
These lifeline buff settings will make positive changes to all parts of her kit, but mostly to her healing drone.
IMC Armory Update
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to throw grenades or use Ash ult to enter through holes in the armory roof collision mesh (Hotfix).
- Fixed an issue where you would not be able to get dressed after using the teleporter under the armory (Hotfix).
- Prevented tridents from landing on top of the armory.
- Removed Gold Loot Roller reward for wave 8.
- Reduced chance of spawning jumps via smart loot system. Base hop-up spawn rate is now 50%, while Gold hop-ups have been further reduced to 20%.
- Smart loot is no longer generated for teammates outside the armory.
The reset of this split is softer
- 13.1 Split reset: 6 → 4 split
lower cost of entry
- -10 RP across all departments and tiers.
Reduced kill value:
More RP for high elimination counts
Currently, the value of the first three eliminations is about 100%. The next three are worth about 80%, and anything after that is worth about 20%. We are changing it to reduce the value of each squad by about 20% while maintaining at least 20%. This will give the winning team with a high elimination rate around 40 to 60 more RP.
A whole new series of the 13.1 Apex Legends update is coming. The collection is called Awakening, and it’s themed around monsters.
There are 24 cosmetic items up for grabs, and those who complete the collection can also get a Valkyrie heirloom.
For more details, be sure to check out our full guide to the Apex Legends Awakening collection event.
Apex Legends 13.1 update brings control
The fan-favorite LTM Control is back with some major changes in patch 13.1. Not only will the mode now be playable on World’s Edge, but there are a number of quality of life updates listed in the blog.
Check out our article on control changes for more information, and for now, here are the full patch notes:
- Re-opens the match time limit and has new logic to determine when matches are over, which should fix early matches ending
- If the player had an ult on death, give them a full ult on respawn
- Downgrades the rating you give when spawning on the home plate from 75% to 50% to the next tier.
- Fixed an issue where players would be in random positions at the end of a match instead of being grouped together in their squad.
- Reduce wave generation time…
- Max Deathscreen time old: 20 secs new: 15 secs.
- Max time to generate waves Old: 12 seconds New: 10 seconds.
- First Wave Spawn Max Time Old: 20 secs New: 15 secs.
- Turned off enemy highlights and enemy vehicle highlights.
- Forces players to consume neutral capture progress before starting to gain capture progress for their own team; if the enemy team is making progress on neutral.
- Increase target’s capture rate based on the number of players captured
- 1 = x1
- 2 = x1.5
- 3 = x2
- 4 = x2.25
- 5 = x2.5
- 6 = x2.75
- 7 = x3
- 8 = x3
- 9 = x3
- Move the Havoc’s turbo back to the purple layer.
- Allows players to equip 3x scopes for LMGs and Assault weapons in the equipment selection menu.
- Allows players to equip snipers with 4x-8x scopes in the equipment selection menu.
- Combined marksman and sniper loadouts into one long-range loadout, adding an expert loadout category to give players more mid-to-close-range options.
- Updated spawn logic to prevent players from spawning near enemies.
- Players can now earn ratings through team actions such as area neutralization or capture, even if they participated in that action and received a personal rating from it (previously players would have gotten one of these).
- Players will no longer be rewarded with Squad Ratings for the completion of timed events to capture ratings and rewards from locked locks.
- Removed squad wipe rating bonus when killing an enemy.
- Added HUD message when the lock is no longer available during a match (will be displayed again if the lock conditions are met when the lock was unavailable).
- Control: Moved the scoreboard into the inventory as the first tab. Changed the scoreboard button to the same button as the inventory on the respawn screen.
- Arena: Moved scoreboard to second tab of inventory and added new tracking player information (assists and crafting materials), as well as team’s round wins.
- Add scoreboard as a tab when watching in Arenas
- Added scoreboard as tabs for Arenas and Control at the end of the game
- Updated the art and placement of the shield regeneration UI on the HUD to be above the player unit frame
Game bug fixes
The update will also bring the following game bug fixes:
- Crypto can now scan survey beacons with his drone while riding a trident.
- Fixed a bug where Newcastle could stay in the air for a few seconds when trapped by Ash’s tactics while using his ultimate.
- Fixed a bug in Newcastle where players could instantly refill the revive shield by throwing the knockdown shield and picking it up.
- Fixed a Newcastle bug where players could not reload when the “Destroy Wall” prompt appeared on the screen.
- Fixed Newcastle’s bug where deploys were taking longer than expected with his Ultimate.
- Fixed legendary situation [Newcastle / Seer] A locked vault can be accessed by placing a totem on the Mobile Shield.
- Fixed a bug where Wraith was able to create a portal in Revenant Ultimate and have it appear next to the totem after being sent back
- Added sound effect when Newcastle enters Trident.
- Fixed a UI bug where legend information would not be displayed in the shooting range.
- IMC Armory Fixed a situation where players could camp and block locations where they didn’t intend to use Wraith Portals and Tridents.
- [PS5] – Fixed an issue where the player’s friends list was not updating correctly after putting the console in hibernation mode.
- Fixed some larger Legendaries sometimes not being able to enter the container at Storm Point when approaching them quickly at an angle.
- Fixed Rampage/Sentinel showing a charging animation but not charging when aiming at a location.
- Fixed Bloodhound and Seer scans persisting after the user left the game.
- [Caustic] – Fixed a bug where players could still see enemy red highlights when in or behind their deployed gas.
- The blood splatter VFX no longer appears when Ash is hit.
- Fixed an issue where the “Amped Up” UI remained after Seer used the Heart Seeker passive.
- [Control Mode] – Fixed a bug where the enemy team would continue the progress of the capture point without needing to flip or undo the progress of the other team.
- [Control Mode] – Fixed UI bug where abandon game penalty was actually longer than showing warning.
- [Control Mode] – Fixed a bug where picking up a weapon in control mode always showed a full magazine.
- Fixed a case where the player seemed to retain the thermite grenade after using it on an explosive while equipping it.
- [PS4 Pro / Xbox One X] – Fixed some areas of Olympus improving frame rate during gameplay.
- [PS4] – Fixed to improve performance issues on Olympus Grass.
That’s all there is to Apex Legends’ patch 13.1, and for more, check out the mobile snow grenade that’s making PC and console players jealous.
Image Credit: Respawn Entertainment