Apex Legends Mobile has added Loba to the game with the recent Cold Snap update, with a themed event to celebrate her arrival. The new Loba’s Soirée event rewards players for opening Frosted Supply Bins and collecting diamonds in Winter War, the popular mobile game’s icy new twist on Battle Royale.
While rewards are randomly selected, all rewards can be earned for free by completing challenges and redeeming diamonds for raffle tickets. A raffle ticket can then be used to draw random prizes from a prize pool that contains a total of eight prizes. Rewards include a mobile-exclusive Loba skin and a Loba-themed avatar for your in-game profile.
After launching the game, you’ll see a splash screen promoting the event, but you can also navigate to the event page via the banner on the right side of the main lobby screen. There, you can take a closer look at the prizes and the challenges required to earn them. Below the prize pool, you will see a small “+” symbol. Select it to open a window listing all challenges for that event. When ready, choose a challenge and choose “Go!” to go straight to the match, or load into the match from the main lobby screen.
The event has five challenges, each of which rewards players with GPS parts, which can then be redeemed for raffle tickets. The first three challenges are refreshed daily, while the last two challenges are cumulative. The challenges of Loba’s Soirée are as follows:
- Play 1 battle royale match (refreshed daily): 1 GPS
- Open 3 Scrub containers (refreshed daily): 2 GPS pieces
- Pick up 200 diamonds (refreshed daily): 2 GPS
- Loot 1000 diamonds: 3 GPS shards
- Open 20 Scrub containers: 3 GPS pieces
Once you’ve completed a challenge or two (it’s actually pretty easy to complete multiple challenges in one match), go back to the challenges screen and select “Redeem” to exchange your GPS piece for a raffle ticket.
Below the prize pool on the event page is a button that says “Open” with a number next to it. This number is the number of raffle tickets required to draw random prizes from the prize pool. While your first draw will only cost you one ticket, the price goes up with each round. Below are the prices for each round of the draw.
- Round 1: 1 raffle ticket
- Rounds 2 and 3: 2 raffle tickets
- Rounds 4 and 5: 3 raffle tickets
- Rounds 6 and 7: 4 raffle tickets
- Final round: 5 raffle tickets.
You will need a total of 23 raffle tickets to claim all eight prizes.
The following rewards are in the event’s prize pool:
- 30 flux
- 2,000 XP
- 2,000 diamonds
- 60 flux
- 3,000 XP
- 3,000 diamonds
- Snow Queen head portrait
- Normal Tier Skyrise Mozambique Skin
- Rare Game Master Loba skin, labeled “Awesome Rewards” on the prize pool screen
- Once a prize is awarded, it is removed from the loot pool, so you will never receive a duplicate prize.
- Sweepstakes and GPS Pieces have a 1:1 exchange rate – if you collect 5 GPS Pieces, you will get 5 Sweepstakes when redeemed.
- Frosted containers and the diamonds in them are only available in Winter War battle royale mode, so make sure you select the correct game mode before entering.
- Diamonds are not only found in frosted supply chests – you can also find them in death chests of slain enemies.
- Check your map when you hear the Apex Games announcer announce that Climatizer is activated. Frosted and Diamond Supply Boxes will be marked blue.
- It’s still possible to open diamond supply crates outside of the Climatizer’s range, so don’t worry too much if you’re out of range when the Climatizer is active, just make sure to keep an eye on the diamond supply crate when it’s activated.
- Playing as Loba is ideal as she can steal diamonds from death crates through her black market and use her Jump Drive ability to quickly teleport to Frosted Supply crates.
Loba’s Soirée runs until June 29th, so players have plenty of time to collect diamonds and get free loot.
Apex Legends Mobile is available for download on iOS and Android.
GameSpot may receive a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here have been independently selected by our editors. GameSpot may share revenue if you purchase any product on our site.